“Embedded in the idea of the national interest is the principle that there is a greater good that can be institutionalised through state structures and policy, and that political power can be meaningfully exercised to protect a people’s collective interests.”
- Whatever Happened to the National Interest?
- When Is a Coup not a Coup?
- Morgenthau Rides Again: Why is Germany Deindustrialising?
- British Republicanism after Elizabeth
- The Singaporeans’ Pyrrhic Victory
- Who Will Constitute the Nation?
- Who should control foreign policy?
- Culture Wars and Wars for Values
- National Sovereignty and International Order￼
- Johnson’s Populist Evasion
Follow us on Twitter @TakingControl
brexit British Politics Conservatism covid economy elites Germany Identity politics International order international politics Ireland local elections market nation NATO neo-liberals Russia Sinn Fein sovereignty soveriegnty Tories Ukraine US policy void
Subscribe to posts